Thursday, September 1, 2022

first day of school + record collection

Today was boring as fuck.

Legit, my first day was mostly just waiting for a couple of hours for my period to end. And it's not like it was optional to do so, my first and second classes are a separate branch from the school (it's complicated), and they weren't really ready yet, so I was just basically waiting for two hours. Honestly it wasn't that bad, cause it gave me an excuse to look at Twitter and call it "schoolwork".

Then I went to my Chemistry class, and we did some activities, and that was fun. We got in a debate about pizza, so that was pretty neat. Then I had lunch, then my fourth period, then we went home. That's it. Again, a very uneventful day. I assume tomorrow will go similarly, so I'll try to find a way to kill the time.

Because today was such a shit day in terms of eventfulness, let's talk about something completely different; my record collection! I believe that physically owning media is a symbol of how much you appreciate it, so that is why I am collecting my favorite albums! So far I have collected some of my favorites, like "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Back In Black", but I'm still working towards getting some of my favorites of all time in my collection, including (but not limited to):

  • "Time" - ELO
  • "Demon Days" - Gorillaz
  • "Animals" - Pink Floyd
  • "Plastic Beach" - Gorillaz
  • "The Wall" - Pink Floyd (my favorite album of all time)
  • "Parachutes" - Coldplay
  • "Random Access Memories" - Daft Punk
  • "Viva La Vida and Death and All Of His Friends" - Coldplay
  • "Discovery" - Daft Punk
  • "INSIDE" - Bo Burnham
  • Literally any OK Go album, all of them are bangers.

I am slowly working towards completing my list, including some that are hard to find (Shadow Academy had a LP release, but it sold out before I could buy it). I am very proud of my collection so far, and it is so satisfying to see all of my albums lined up together to see how far I've come from the beginning of this year. I really do love everything about records, from the detail in the covers and sleeves, to how the records even work! I know I'm probably very easily blown away, but I can't help it!

I'll try to update you guys more on my record collection daily, and hopefully something more exciting happens tomorrow. That's pretty much all I gotta say, so I'll leave you with a video I made when I was pissed off, because I don't have anywhere else to dump it, enjoy.


 

-Jonah G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

depressed.

Surprise, I'm not doing too great. I don't really know how to open this blog, to be honest. I've been offline for quite a bit, a...