Friday, September 16, 2022

idea for a short film

I GOT IDEAS, AND I WANT YOU TO HEAR THEM.

A couple days ago, I mentioned how I wanted to make a short film or something, but I didn't have any fleshed out ideas. BUT NOW I DO! I have an idea that's fun, wouldn't take very long to make or fully flesh out, and be cool maybe.

The short is called "The Dino with a dream", and it's about the last living Dinosaur named Stera, and she lives in a abandoned shed all by herself, hiding from everyone because they would endanger her if she exposed herself. But every day, she yearns for a friend, or to be accepted by humanity so she can roam and be herself.

I came up with the idea in animation class, when I was just messing around and animated a little dinosaur when I was bored.

This is Stera by the way. I honestly didn't know I could draw a dinosaur, but I'm really happy how she turned out! I need to get used to drawing her, I keep drawing her off model a lot. But her design is really simple, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Besides, she is very fun to draw!

I really want to test out a "Who framed Roger Rabbit" type of artstyle, where all of the backgrounds are real, but the characters are all animation. For my style though, it looks  more like the ending scene of It's Such A Beautiful Day. It has been such an appealing idea that I have never tried out before, yet I have wanted to so badly. I've tried to do this style a couple times, and I know exactly how to do it, but for various different reasons (whether it be deadlines, or just simply losing the IRL footage), I never get around to actually... doing it. Hopefully this is an excuse to try this new style out, because I really fucking want to.

The more I think about it, the more I want to get this project off the ground! I can't wait to get it started, and hopefully I can soon. I really hope school doesn't get in the way so I have the time to finish this sucker.

If I have any other ideas about this project (avoiding spoilers obviously), I'll be sure to share! Until then, see ya later!

-Jonah G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

depressed.

Surprise, I'm not doing too great. I don't really know how to open this blog, to be honest. I've been offline for quite a bit, a...